18/06/12

Time is flying

And so begins my last week in Florence! It's so weird to think that my time here is almost over. It feels like I've been here forever but at the same time it feels like I just got here. Over this past weekend I went to Pisa with Matteo and then we went to Cinque Terre as well. It's amazing there-that's one place I definitely want to go back to so I can do the hike, which Matteo did not want to do. 

Standard touristy Pisa picture

There are so many things in Florence that I need to do before I leave. The last week has been kind of stressful for me. Between school work (which I have a lot of) and not really having the two weeks where I'm traveling planned out I've been very stressed out. This past week was also the first week I started to be a little bit homesick for my mommy. I'm just so tired all the time from constantly being on the go and trying to do as much as I can here. I feel like I haven't been really taking the best care of myself because I'm pushing myself too hard to get everything done while still having fun. The idea of coming home to America is something I'm looking forward to for certain reasons but at the same time I feel like I have so much that I still need to do in Florence. I've met the best people here and it will be weird being at home and not seeing them everyday. After I get home to the States, I feel like I will sleep for about two days and then after a few days of being home I will just miss Italy terribly. My friend Tessa Reed is coming tomorrow from England, so it will be nice to see her and have a familiar face and then afterwards I'm returning to Bristol with her to spend some time in England. Adriana Christensen from UMW has also been here in Florence and its been a huge comfort having her around and we have grown to be good friends. It's crazy how much time flies and how much I've seen and changed since I've been here. Italy has made me feel like a whole person and for that I will forever be grateful for this experience. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento