25/06/12

My Love Letter to Florence


Dear Florence,
It feels weird that I've left you and don't know when I'll be back. When I was leaving, it felt wrong and like I was leaving something that fits me perfectly. It was actually a struggle not to cry the days leading up to leaving. No place has ever been so comforting, exciting yet challenging, and peaceful for me. I'm leaving you a better person, someone a little more capable of taking care of myself and someone slightly more sure of what I want in life. There are so many things that I'm going to miss about you among them: all the incredible people I've met, the Italian concept of time, fragola gelato from Vivolis, Gusta Pizza, Pear and Cheese pasta, hearing the church bells, walking along the Ponte Vecchio, the sunset from Piazzale Michelangelo, the sight of the Duomo and the fact that it never fails to give me goosebumps, being able to drink wine anywhere and whenever, aperitivo, short trips to the beach, sitting outside in piazzas all the time, the views of the mountains from the city, my teachers and classes, being able to always say "ciao," walking everywhere and almost always discovering something new and exciting, Louis Vuitton bags as far as the eye can see, and most of all the affection and warmth of the Italian people. And this is just the beginning of what I'll miss about you. You made me realize so many things about myself and I'll never be the same. I know that I will be back someday because you and I have unfinished business. Till then I will think of you everyday and you will never be far from my heart. 

Love, 
Katie 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento